The Tarrant County Bar Association has a full staff, ready to assist you with bar-related and other professional activities. If you need additional information about these or other programs of the Tarrant County Bar Association, please call 817.338.4092 and ask for Membership. The Tarrant County Bar Association has many programs that provide services to its members and will greatly assist and enhance your profession. Some of these member benefits include…
Continuing Legal Education
Tarrant County Bar Association offers over 150 hours of credited CLE each year. Monthly programs include the Membership Luncheon, Brown Bag Seminar Series, which are tailored to various areas of law, and the Last Tuesday CLE Ethics videos that allows members to obtain their required ethics MCLE. Members receive a discounted rate for these accessible, convenient CLE programs. These CLE programs and many more will be offered this year. For a calendar of events, check the Calendar.
The State Bar of Texas provides Custom CLE programs to attorneys across the state. They charge a particular fee for each program, depending on the number of CLE hours provided. The cost the State Bar charges to local bar associations is slightly less than the cost to individuals. If you are considering taking a Custom CLE course, please contact Sherry Jones at 817.338.4092 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she will check for lower rates the State Bar will give the Tarrant County Bar Association.
Law Pay by Affiniscape is a credit card merchant and process service built for attorneys. Discounted processing rates are available for Tarrant County Bar Association members. Visit their website for more information at www.LawPay.com/tcba.
Substantive Law Sections
The Tarrant County Bar Association has eighteen (18) sections consisting of members with similar professional interests. Each section plans and holds an average of eight meetings a year and elects its own officers. Section meetings afford opportunities for interprofessional liaison as well as specialized continuing legal education. For information on the activities of each section, please contact the section chair. Review the Substantive Law Sections information here.
Judicial Bar Polls & Judiciary Links
The Tarrant County Bar Association conducts two types of judicial polls. In non-election years, the Judicial Evaluation covers judges of all courts of record, including federal courts, and inquires about each judge’s qualifications. The Judicial Preference Polls are conducted during an election year. TCBA members express their views on the qualifications of judicial candidates through these non-partisan polls. Results of the evaluations and polls are made public and can be viewed here.
Low Cost Classified Ads on the Website
Members only: The first 20 words are $35 plus $1 per word thereafter. The website gets over 5,000 hits per month For a complete quote, contact Elizabeth Banda by email at email@example.com.
Office Supply & Equipment Discounts
- AMO Office Supply guarantees to beat the name brand supply companies, and in most cases, next-day delivery to your office. To get your discount, call 1.800.420.6421 or go on the website at www.goamo.com, and ask for a representative to set up your account as a Tarrant County Bar Association member.
Lawyer Referral Service
The Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) is a public service of the Tarrant County Bar Association, approved by the American Bar Association and contains hundreds of attorneys experienced in more than 40 areas of law. For more information about LRIS, click here.
Low Cost Mailing Labels
Mailing labels for the TCBA membership or all attorneys in Tarrant County are available for purchase from the Association. Orders must be placed five days in advance. Requests for labels should be directed to Carolina Ibarra by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax 817.335.9238 or visit the TCBA office. Download the form here TCBA Mailing Labels Request Form.
Printing, Copy & Litigation Services
- Falcon Litigation Solutions offers discounts on copying, litigation displays, trial boards, etc. to TCBA members. Call Falcon at 817.870.0330 and say you are a TCBA member.
- JSB offers a 10% discount to TCBA members on printed materials — business cards, letterhead, envelopes, business forms, brochures, flyers, and more. For a quote, call 817.577.0572.
Tarrant County Bar Bulletin
The Tarrant County Bar Association publishes the monthly ‘Bulletin’ which is the major medium to the Association’s members for information on the legal community and upcoming events. Each ‘Bulletin’ includes useful information for the members such as Welcome New Members, Section News, Lawyers On The Move and In the News, Public Notices from Courts and Clerks, Library Acquisitions and Articles by local judiciary and attorneys. For more information about the Bar Bulletin, contact Elizabeth Banda at email@example.com.
Staff Placement Service
The Tarrant County Bar Association provides a free support staff placement service for the benefit of its members. Support staff can include legal secretaries, legal assistants and paralegals.
The program operates as follows:
- Each support staff applicant is required to complete a standard resume form.
- The support staff information is kept on file in the Tarrant County Bar Association office for a period of three months from the date of receipt.
- Resumes are faxed to Tarrant County Bar Association attorney members upon request.
- It is the responsibility of the attorney to contact and interview the support staff applicant of his/her choosing.
- For support staff presently employed, every effort is made to keep resumes confidential and not sent to current employers, if so requested.
- The Tarrant County Bar Association does not guarantee placement to applicants or members.
- This is a free service and it is the desire of the Tarrant County Bar Association to accommodate our members and support the staff of Tarrant County.
For additional information phone 817.338.4092.
Services for Members
- ABA Retirement Funds is a program which provides full-service 401(k) plans to benefit the legal community. To learn more, contact local representative Jacob Millican at 817.451.5020 or visit www.abaretirement.com.
- UPS and TCBA have an agreement for TCBA members to received discounts on shipping. The discounts vary according to the type of shipment, but check out UPS for your needs. www.ups.com or 1.800.PICK.UPS.
- Fort Worth Zoo has discounted tickets to TCBA members.
$11.00 for adult tickets, $8 for child or senior tickets.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.338.4092. If you want tickets mailed to you or will be charging the tickets, add 50 cents.
- Texas Rangers Baseball Game Tickets are available for discount by going to www.texasrangers.com/tickets, selecting a game and entering the coupon code. Contact Sherry Jones for the coupon code by email at email@example.com.
- Magic Shred is a secure shredding business that shreds your documents on-site and offers a 10% discount to TCBA members.
Call the TCBA office for details.
- Expanco is a N.A.I.D. AAA-Certified document-destruction offering 40% off to TCBA members.
Call the TCBA office for details.
- Thomson Reuters Exclusive TCBA offer of 10% off Firm Central subscriptions to Bar members* Please contact Amanda Olson, your local Account Executive, for more information at: Amanda.Olson@tr.com.
Fee Arbitration Committees
The Fee Dispute Committee, which includes public members, serves the important function of settling fee disputes that might otherwise escalate into grievances or lawsuits between clients and attorneys.
For more information and to download Fee Arbitration Forms, click here.
More information regarding the TCBA Pictorial Directory, please contact the Bar Office at 817.338.4092.
The Tarrant County Bar Foundation offers the Bar Center for rent. The open Bar Center can seat up to 192 people, or the Center can be divided into three separate sections, which will seat 30 people each with tables and chairs, for meetings, mediations, arbitrations and seminars. Also available is a large Board room (seats 18).
Contact the TCBA office at 817.338.4092, and ask for Anne, or another staff member can help you, for availability and rates, and to reserve the space you need for your clients.