The State Bar of Montana (State Bar) is seeking an executive director, to start January 2, 2018.
The State Bar is a unified, integrated bar organized in 1975 by the Montana Supreme Court. Membership represents the entire spectrum of the Montana legal community from private practitioners to judges, government and legal services attorneys and corporate counsel. Voluntary membership includes paralegals. In fulfilling its mission to lead the profession and serve the public interest, the State Bar maintains relationships with the courts and the legislature.
For the complete job description, contact Chris Manos.
The executive director is responsible for leading, managing and executing the organization’s affairs. This includes:
- Implementing policies, strategies, programs and priorities approved by the Board of Trustees and overseen by an Executive Committee, and;
- Establishing and reviewing staffing and organizational structure in consultation with the Executive Committee and the Board.
Education & Experience
- Juris Doctorate preferred but will also consider bachelor’s or master’s degree in administration, business, communications, public relations or related field, or 5 years of progressive work experience focused on organizational management, legal work, business or membership services
- Experience and in-depth understanding of the court system, the legal profession, the public’s legal needs and how they interact
- Experience or familiarity with government and/or legislative processes
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication and interaction skills, including ability to maintain relationships with a vast network of volunteers
- Knowledge of volunteer boards and committees and how they operate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including editing and proofreading ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a large volume of diverse priorities and conflicting goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to, experience managing medium size staff and budgets and navigating difficult situations
- Extensive knowledge of information technology
Salary & Benefits
Full compensation package included with this position, including salary range of $90,000 – $105,000 DOE, health and retirement benefits, vacation and sick leave. Details can be obtained from Chris Manos at email@example.com, 406-447-2203.
Direct letters of interest, inquiries and resumes by Saturday, July 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.