TCBA takes the health and well-being of our community very seriously, and is continuing to monitor the situation as it relates to COVID-19.
Programs & Events UpdateIn light of the current recommendations from the CDC, TCBA will be postponing all scheduled programs and events through the end of April, and we will continue to keep you posted for future dates. We will be working proactively to reschedule the events and programming. If you have a question about an event, please contact Sherry Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Live calls to the TCBA and LRIS are temporarily unavailable, but will be available again soon. In the interim, callers may leave a message and TCBA staff will respond during office hours as soon as possible. You may also reach the TCBA at email@example.com.
Court Orders and Legal Resources
- Supreme Court of Texas
First Emergency Order
Second Emergency Order
Third Emergency Order
Fourth Emergency Order
Fifth Emergency Order
Sixth Emergency Order
Seventh Emergency Order Dated: 3/24/2020
- Court Operations Under Exigent Circumstances Created By The COVID-19 Pandemic – Notice from the Texas Northern District Court
- Court Operations Under Exigent Circumstances Created By The COVID-19 Pandemic – Notice from the Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of Texas
- Tarrant County COVID-19 Information Updated: 3/24/2020, including Executive Order of County Judge B. Glen Whitley
- Order on Non-Essential Settings – Notice from the Probate Courts of Tarrant County
Second Order Dated: 3/23/2020
Video Hearings During COVID-19 – Court No. 1
- Tarrant County Court At Law No. 3 Court Rules for Remote Hearings
- Family Law Standing Order Dated: 3/23/2020
- Notice from the 153rd District Court of Tarrant County
- Notice from the 323rd District Court of Tarrant County Related to COVID-19
- Policies of the 231st, 233rd, 322nd, 324th, and 325th District Courts as to Cancellation of Dockets Due to COVID-19
- Temporary Standing Order from the 360th District Court
- State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Texas Response to Coronavirus Pandemic
Voting in 2020 Elections Will Be Online Only, Deadline Extended
Additional Information and Resources on COVID-19 are available at the following sites:
Community Health and Safety Tips
There are a number of everyday preventive actions suggested by the CDC and other health organizations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or 2 meters, if possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Resources for the Legal Profession
- Electronic Hearings with Zoom
- Electronic Hearings with Zoom – YouTube Channel Directory
- Zoom and Videoconferencing Resources
- Veritext On-Demand Webinar: Remote Deposition Solutions
- How to Look Your Best on a Webcam
- 13 Zoom Video Chat Tips, Tricks and Hidden Features
The Office of Court Administration
State Bar of Texas
4/1/2020“Being at Home Boot Camp”
TLAP’s Team: Erica Grigg, Shawna Storey-Lovin, LPC, and Chris Ritter. This will cover many remote living and well-being tips.
4/8/2020“Recovery during Crisis”
Best selling author and renowned recovery advocate Brian Cuban will share his story and about recovery during this crisis.
4/15/2020“Staying Healthy, Serene, and Sober During Covid-19”
Laurie Besdon, Nationally renowned Speaker and Executive Director of Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of Pennsylvania, Inc., with Chris Ritter.