Acme Brick Co
In-House Corporate Attorney
Position involves working directly with General Counsel in a small legal department. The duties require work on a wide range of legal and corporate matters which are directed by the company’s General Counsel. The majority of the legal work will involve real estate and various contract matters. The real estate work will include a range of real property transactions, such as the purchase, sale, leasing, construction, easements, etc., of land, minerals, and other property interests, which will require experience in negotiations, document preparation & review, title work, closings, etc.). The position will also entail a diverse variety of contract and transactional legal work, including contract drafting, review, revising, editing, negotiating, managing, compliance, etc. The duties may also include the handling and managing of other general legal matters, directly or indirectly through outside counsel.
Education and Experience
• Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school;
• Licensed and in good standing to practice law (Texas license preferred but could consider other states);
• 3 to 5 years of legal practice (corporate or law firm);
• Experienced in handling transactions/contracts in multi-state settings;
• Experienced in all aspects of real estate transactions (Title Company experience is beneficial);
• Drafting, reviewing and editing of a wide variety of contract documents;
• General corporate and compliance matters; and
• Other miscellaneous legal matters beneficial (i.e. employment, oil & gas, litigation, etc.).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org